Monday 11 November 2013

Ideas...




This week I started to practise ideas towards my final looks, I thought of the idea to apply this texture to the neck I thought this could look really good and attention-grabbing in a photograph and it links in well with the project. I had previously made a piece the same as this when we were making our moulds; to make this I had a piece of plastic that had a patterning on it. I applied latex over the top of this drying each layer of latex as I went along, I done about 3 or 4 layers off latex over the piece of material once it had dried I powdered over it so it wouldn’t stick together and then peeled it of the plastic material and this is what it looked like. To apply it to the neck I used spirit gum I applied this all over the mould piece I had made and then carefully stuck it onto the neck pressing it down and holding it in place. Once stuck on the issue was when moving the neck, the piece did wrinkle with movement and didn’t reach all the way around the neck and looked abit odd on its own. I decided if I was going to use this I would need to make something to go onto the side of the face to help blend it in better and it not look so odd and just stuck there. I would also have to move the neck piece further down and cut it so it maybe did not wrinkle as much and extend it round the neck further also. To remove this I just had to ease it off gently using spirit gum remover and then moisturise my models neck after as it does make it quite red and sore looking.


No comments:

Post a Comment