Monday 11 November 2013

Is that a bearded lady??

Stubble 



Beard




Crepe hair beards and moustaches.

Creating a beard or moustache with crepe hair, I firstly matched the hair up to the hair on my models head you didn’t have to do this you could use any colour hair but I wanted mine to look more realistic. Once I had matched my crepe hair to my models hair and mixed a few different hair colours in I started cutting the crepe hair up really finely into a bowl so it was small and I was able to apply it to the face easily and so it would look like stubble.  Once cut up using spirit gum and stipple paste I was able to apply the cut up crepe hair to the face using a small brush to dap it on and apply it all over. After applying the stubble effect hair to the face I wanted to then create a beard almost like a biker beard with a plait down it. To do this I had a thicker bit of crepe hair and applied this under the chin using spirit gum and the end of a pintail comb to push and hold it onto the skin, I used spirit gum over the stipple paste as it needed something stronger to hold it onto the skin. Once I had applied this in the areas I wanted I created a plate in the beard I think this look came out and worked well. To create a stubble effect look you can also use grease paint and a stipple sponge this would be used more in theatre where you can’t see it as well. To remove this was quite annoying you had to use remover and a towel to get the hair of which was quite sticky and then wash the face with soap and water to make sure all the little bits of hair was off.

Beard and moustache hair- Crepe hair, yak hair, real hair.
Stipple paste- best for laying on stubble, Matte spirit gum when in industry, For theatre use greasepaint and a stipple sponge.

No comments:

Post a Comment