Wednesday 4 December 2013

Practise for final looks.


Above are the images of me practising one of my final looks on myself for my first image to do with brave new world. For this look I wanted to create quite a textured look as I really like textures and how they can look and wanted to use products we had been working with. To do this look I actually used putty which is something we had not experimented with but that I knew could block out eyebrows and I could manipulate to create a texture. At first I had issues with the putty as it is quite fiddly to apply to the face and un sticks easily especially if your hot, and I had trouble trying to get it to flow along the eyebrow. Once I covered the eyebrows it had created a texture in itself which I liked which I then went and applied tuplast over the top to get more of a wiggly line movement just to add more texture and movement to the effect. Underneath the eye I just used putty without tuplast as the tuplast has such a strong smell and under the eye is very sensitive. I really liked the effect of the putty and tuplast together which I then added a bronze coloured effect over the top to really highlight it and make it stand out along with a silver at the bottom of the eye.



These are ideas towards my second final image for brave new world. My initial idea for this look was to create a round shape of gelatine dots and to have wire threaded threw these with beading on the ends almost like the wire was under the skin and the scarification had grown over the top. I brought some thin wire and practised how I could put this threw the gelatine it worked as the wire was so light but after sticking one of these on the head it took me quite a while and I actually decided I wanted to simplify the design as it had to much going on and I couldn't get the wire to sit straight making it look weird and not how I had pictured it to look.
Some of the many gelatine dots and shapes I created.


No comments:

Post a Comment